16 Jun 2010 |
Virgin Atlantic Launches New Direct Route For Vegas Bound Mancunians
WEDNESDAY, 16th JUNE 2010: Celebrating its 10th Anniversary of flights between London and Las Vegas, Virgin Group Chairman Sir Richard Branson announced that the airline will soon commence direct flights from Manchester to Las Vegas, increasing the number of passengers it flys to the entertainment capital by 40,000 passengers a year.
CEO Steve Ridgway was also alongside Sir Richard in Las Vegas to announce the airline’s newest commitment to enable passengers to access the internet, make phone calls and send and receive texts while flying.
Key features of the new inflight entertainment system also being launched include:
- USB Player: Passengers can bring their own USB and plug it into their seat to play their own music or display their photos and documents.
- Ipod player: Allows passengers to play their music, videos and photo.
- In-seat chat: instant messaging between seats.
- Update twitter or facebook status in the air.
- Passengers can plug in their camera or camcorder into the seat to view their holiday photos and videos on the seat back screen.
- Access to Vtravelled, which provides user generated content from the website with reviews and recommendations on the destination.